By: Gary G Goldberg
Share This Post
Causes of Car Accidents
Causes of Car Accidents in Riverside
Working as an accident lawyer for over 30 years, I have seen many car accident cases in Riverside. While some of these accidents are unavoidable, the rest are caused by driver error. Be it a young teen driver who lacks the experience behind the wheel, or an experienced driver who suffers a loss of attention, accidents do happen.
Distractions caused by cell phone use; impairments like fatigue, drugs or alcohol; speeding or driving recklessly, all can have disastrous results. If you are injured as a result of another’s fault, you need representation from an experienced auto accident attorney to make sure you get everything covered by the responsible party.
In the United States, hundreds of thousands of people are killed and injured each year in automobile accidents. The majority of accidents are caused by some type of driver error, which include:
- Distraction – When the driver is not paying complete attention to the road because he or she is doing something else (i.e., talking or texting on a cell phone, eating, drinking or using a navigation system). A moment’s lapse in attention to the road can result in an accident.
- Impairment – One of the leading causes of automobile accidents is drivers who drive while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. Driver fatigue is another leading cause of accidents. Being tired while driving impairs a driver’s judgment and decreases his or her awareness.
- Speeding – Approximately one-third of all fatal automobile accidents have excessive speed as a factor. The higher the speed, the longer it takes for a vehicle to slow down to a stop.
- Weather – The chance of an automobile accident in rainy weather increases because of slippery roads. It is possible for a car’s tires to lose traction on a wet road, causing the car to lose control and crash into another vehicle or object.
- Aggressive Driving – A driver who operates a vehicle in a selfish, pushy manner, without regard for the rights or safety of other drivers. Examples include tailgating, changing lanes frequently in an unsafe manner and failure to yield the right-of-way.
Compensation for a person injured as a result of negligence includes medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life. The insurance company of the other driver does not have the accident victim’s best interest in mind. You care about receiving the most amount of money to settle the claim.
Before you sign anything, make sure you have me, Gary G Goldberg by your side. As a Riverside car accident lawyer, I have over 30 years of experience handling thousands of cases for individuals just like you. You need a lawyer on your side to make sure the team of lawyers on the insurance company’s side are kept in line.
If you have been injured in a traffic accident, you can depend on me to fight aggressively on your behalf to pursue the maximum possible compensation you deserve. Call me at (951) 788-8325 for a free, no risk initial consultation. No case is too small or too big for me to evaluate.